Below is a gathering of the top drilling activity highlights from around the world over the past year.
- Two Marcellus Wells in Wyoming County, Pa., Flow 84.27 MMcf, 64.31 MMcf per Day
- Two High-volume Marcellus Shale Discoveries Completed by Chesapeake
- Utica Shale Well Completed in Pennsylvania’s Westmoreland County
- Utica Shale Well in Jefferson County, Ohio, Flows 38.403 MMcf/d.
- Utica Shale Discovery by Ascent Resources: 40.92 MMcf/d.
- Marcellus Completion In Bradford County, Pa., Flows 81.773 MMcf/d.
- Haynesville Shale Completion in Bossier Parish, La.: 45.244 MMcf of Gas Per Day
- Two Eagle Ford Completions By EOG Resources In Eagleville Field
- Walker Ridge Block 584: 9,278 bbl of Oil, 1.058 MMcf of Gas per Day from Wilcox
- Haynesville Shale Completion Flows 50.2 MMcf of Gas per Day
- GEP Haynesville Completes Four Haynesville Wells from Pads in Sabine Parish, La.
- Mississippi Canyon Block 430 Completion Producing 11,355 bbl of Oil, 13.986 MMcf of Gas per Day
Midcontinent, Permian Basin
- Four Barnett Shale Discoveries Tested in Newark East Field
- Two Woodford Wells In Grady County, Okla., by Gulfport Energy
- Bone Spring Producer In Eddy County, N.M., Flows 7,150 bbl of Oil, 8.214 MMcf of Gas Per Day
- High-volume Wolfcamp Completion by EOG: 11.44 Mbbl of Oil, 21.771 MMcf of Gas Per Day
- Wolfcamp Completion Tested Flowing 3,846 bbl of Oil, 11.786 MMcf of Gas per Day
- Purple Sage Field-Wolfcamp Venture: 3.436 bbl of Oil, 9.849 MMcf/d.
- Eddy County, N.M., Wolfcamp Completion Produces 4,544 bo, 10.925 MMcf/d.
- Val Verde Basin Tests Indicate 417 Bcfe Reserves at 13,000-acre Prospect
- Middle Bakken Discovery By Marathon: 9.347 MMcf Of Gas, 9.014 Mbbl Of Oil Per Day
- Fort Berthold Indian Reservation Discovery by Marathon Oil Corp.: 8.448 Mbbl of oil, 7.083 MMcf Of Gas Per Day
- Niobrara Completion in Converse County Flows 1.528 Mbbl of Oil, 3.023 MMcf/d.
- High-volume Hornbuckle Field-Niobrara Producer: 2,413 bbl of Oil, 4.375 MMcf/d.
- Upper Three Forks, Middle Bakken Wells Completed at McKenzie County, N.D., Drillpad
- Wattenberg Field Well Produces from Commingled Fort Hays, Codell, Carlile, Offset Produces from Niobrara
- Offshore Milne Point Field-Kuparak Well Tested Flowing 1,188 bbl of Oil, 240,000 cu ft of Gas per Day
- Offshore Namibia Prospective Resource Estimate: 772 MMbbl of Oil
- Offshore Gabon Appraisal Test Completed in Etame Marin Permit Area
- Eni Announces Results from Agogo Appraisal Testing in Angola Block 15/06
- Gas Condensate Discovery In Offshore Outeniqua Basin, South Africa
Canada, Central and South America
- Equinor Announces Results from Offshore Canada Oil Discovery in Flemish Pass
- Pemex Announces New Oil Field Discovery in Tabasco
- Results Announced From Ortoire Block Production Test in Trinidad
- Stabroek Block Test By Exxon Mobil Adds 6 MMbbl of Oil
- New Find in Offshore Guyana Increases Estimated Recoverable Resource by 8 Bboe
- Onshore Cretaceous Sandstone Discovery in Brazil Encounters 49 ft of Net Oil Pay
- Repsol Announces Results from Two Offshore Mexico Prospects, Polok, Chinwol
- Offshore Brazil Oil Discovery in Buzios Field
- Offshore Suriname Discovery Hits 123 M of Net Pay Near Stabroek Block
- Aramco Receives Approval to Develop Al-Jafurah Unconventional Gas Field in ad-Dhana Desert
- Oil Discovery in Southern Gulf of Suez Flows More Than 2,000 bbl of Oil per Day
- Offshore Egypt Gas Discovery At North Sinai Concession
- Oil Field Discovery Announced in China’s Bohai Bay
- Offshore Indonesia Wet Gas Discovery Prospective Resource: 6 Tcf of Gas, 200 MMbbl of Condensate
- Gas Discovery in China’s Sichuan Province Estimated at 35.3 Tcf
- Eni Announces Results from Offshore Vietnam Block 114 Discovery
- Origin Energy Completes Test in Offshore Australia’s Otway Basin
- Warrengo Energy: Study Indicate 513 Bcf of Gas in West Erregulla Gas Field
- Beach Energy Announces Perth Basin Flow Test Results
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database. Also see Hart Energy Top 12 Completions and Hart Energy Top 12 Recent Gulf of Mexico discoveries.
Supply discipline and rebounding economies are set to give oil a chance to break out of the recent range, Goldman Sachs analysts said in a report.
A few days before the April 1 meeting, OPEC+ delegates had said the group would likely keep most existing oil output cuts in place. But in the 24 hours before the meeting started, sources said discussions had shifted to a possible output increase.
The upward revision marks a change of tone from previous months, in which OPEC has lowered oil demand forecasts because of continued lockdowns.