Offshore Indonesia Wet Gas Discovery Prospective Resource: 6 Tcf of Gas, 200 MMbbl of Condensate

Drilling Activity Details



Post Date
Shore Type
Geo Coordinate

Drilling Activity Summary


London-based Premier Oil has confirmed a large wet gas prospect in the southern Andaman Sea off northern Sumatra, Indonesia. The discovery is near the giant Arun liquefied natural gas facility. According to the company, the primary focus is the Andaman II Block, where it has identified two clusters, Timpan and Sangar. An extensive 3D seismic acquisition program was conducted over the Andaman I, Andaman II, and South Andaman Blocks in 2019 and has reported highly encouraging initial results. The estimated prospective resource is approximately 6 Tcf of gas and 200 MMbbl of condensate in each of the Andaman blocks. Both prospects support planned field development and exploratory drilling is planned in 2022. Premier has a 40% operated interest in Andaman II in partnership with Mubadala Petroleum, holding 30%, and BP, with 30%. It has a 20% interest in the South Andaman Block, in which Mubadala holds the remaining 80% operated interest.