E&P proudly presents the winners of the prestigious 2021 Special Meritorious Awards for Engineering Innovation (MEAs).
The MEAs recognize service and operating companies for excellence and achievement in every segment of the upstream petroleum industry. The winning technologies represent a broad range of disciplines and address a number of challenges that pose roadblocks to efficient operations. Winners of each category are products that provided monumental changes in their sectors and represented techniques and technologies that are most likely to improve artificial lift, carbon management, digitalization, drill bits, drilling fluids/stimulation, drilling systems, exploration/geoscience, formation evaluation, HSE, hydraulic fracturing/pressure pumping, IOR/EOR/remediation, nonfracturing completions, onshore rigs, subsea systems, and water management.
The awards program recognizes new products and technologies designed by people and companies who understand the need for newer, better and constantly changing technological innovation to appease the energy-hungry world.
The expert panel of judges comprised geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists and engineers from operating and consulting companies worldwide. Each judge was assigned a category that best utilized his or her area of expertise. Judges whose companies have a business interest were excluded from participation.
2021 MEA Winners
- ForeSite Edge, Weatherford
- EcoCell, Patterson-UTI
- GumboNet, Data Gumbo
- Advanced Diagnostic and Prognostic Technology (ADaPT), PETRONAS
- StrataBlade Concave Diamond Element Bits, Smith Bits, a Schlumberger company
- NanoTags, EXPEC ARC, Saudi Aramco
- Welltec Annular Barrier (WAB), Welltec
- Surface-Consistent Full Waveform Inversion (pQC-FWI), Saudi Aramco
- EarthStar 3D ─ Ultra-Deep Resistivity Service for Halliburton Sperry Drilling, Halliburton
- World Slimmest Tractor for Production Logging & Well Intervention of Extended Reach Wells, Saudi Aramco, Western Well Tools (WWT)
- Off Road Air Breathing System, Saudi Aramco
- VIGILANCE, Frank's International
- Spontaneous Leak Detection, Siemens Energy, powered by ProFlex Technologies
HYDRAULIC FRACTURING/PRESSURE PUMPING
- SPM EdgeX Carbide Seat, SPM Oil & Gas, a Caterpillar company
- 15K MultiStage Frac System (frac sleeves, RockLock packers, WIV, Alpha Sleeve, and liner top), Baker Hughes
- Sealed Wellbore Pressure Monitoring, Devon Energy Corp. and Well Data Labs Inc.
- High-Temperature Variable-Bore Rams, Schlumberger
- Residency Buoyancy, Trelleborg Applied Technologies
- TCP Riser, Strohm
- Flow-Sync Water Management Platform, Flow-Sync and Bedrock Automation