E&P proudly presents the winners of the prestigious 2021 Special Meritorious Awards for Engineering Innovation (MEAs).
The MEAs recognize service and operating companies for excellence and achievement in every segment of the upstream petroleum industry. The winning technologies represent a broad range of disciplines and address a number of challenges that pose roadblocks to efficient operations. Winners of each category are products that provided monumental changes in their sectors and represented techniques and technologies that are most likely to improve artificial lift, carbon management, digitalization, drill bits, drilling fluids/stimulation, drilling systems, exploration/geoscience, formation evaluation, HSE, hydraulic fracturing/pressure pumping, IOR/EOR/remediation, nonfracturing completions, onshore rigs, subsea systems, and water management.
The awards program recognizes new products and technologies designed by people and companies who understand the need for newer, better and constantly changing technological innovation to appease the energy-hungry world.
The expert panel of judges comprised geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists and engineers from operating and consulting companies worldwide. Each judge was assigned a category that best utilized his or her area of expertise. Judges whose companies have a business interest were excluded from participation.
2022 MEA Winners
- SpeedFreq, Extract Companies
- Downhole Sucker Rod Sensor, Well Innovation AS
- ecoView, Kodiak Gas Services
- PowerDrive Orbit G2 Rotary Steerable System, Schlumberger
- IPA – Integrated Production Automation, ABB - ENOVATE
- INvISION Digital Valve Control, Intelligent Wellhead Systems
- RigER, RigER Inc.
- New Horizon to Downhole Scale Management for Sustaining Wells’ Productivity, Saudi Aramco
- TETRA Advanced Displacement System (TADS), TETRA Technologies
- iCruise X™ Intelligent Rotary Steerable System, Halliburton
- Wellgrab ERFT, Autentik and Welltec
- Workover Rig Inspection, Chesapeake Energy
- AVOID, Occidental Petroleum (OXY)
HYDRAULIC FRACTURING/PRESSURE PUMPING
- Titan Natural Gas-Powered Direct Drive Turbine Hydraulic Fracturing Technology, BJ Energy Solutions
- ONEplug, Lonestar Completions Tools
- SPM™ Simplified Frac Iron System, SPM Oil & Gas, a Caterpillar Company
- Expansion Charge Technology, W.T. Bell International
- WireFLATE®, Well Robotic™
- StageCoach™, GEODynamics
- Subsea Live Data-Driven Performance Service, OneSubsea, a Schlumberger Company
- PARETO – DOE’s Produced Water Optimization Program
- FloBoost, Locus Bio-Energy Solutions