E&P Plus - September 2020
With this September issue, we are launching E&P Plus for a new era of oil and gas. It’s digital, and it’s faster. We’re more nimble this way, and we want you to get the latest information and data on trends and new technology when you need it.
We’re also putting you in more direct contact with industry executives and analysts who feed us information. We’ve added video interviews and interactive charts to the mix, too—things we have been unable to offer in a static print product.
Of course, E&P Plus is more efficient as well. We’re operating on shorter lead times, so our content is fresh and new, with added benefits from updates even after publishing. We’re integrating E&P Plus with HartEnergy.com to enable access whenever you need it, wherever you’re working these days.
We’re excited to launch E&P Plus! We hope you enjoy it, too. View the new Vertiqul look at https://epplus.hartenergy.com.
In this issue:
- Cover story: As the oil and gas industry regains strength following a tumultuous second quarter, companies could emerge anew. This article includes interviews with Enverus, Chevron, Treadstone Energy, Deloitte, Evercore, McKinsey & Co., and Westwood.
- Executive Q&A: Check out Hart Energy's exclusive video interview with NOV CEO Clay Williams as he discusses the future of onshore and offshore oil and gas development, the impact of the energy transition on oilfield service providers and more amid the challenging energy climate.
- Industry Pulse: In an interview with E&P Plus, BCG detailed its road map for how to design a cost-effective decarbonization strategy.
- Innovation Spotlight: In this Q&A feature, Eduardo Cardoso, director of subsea processing technologies with TechnipFMC, discusses the company’s Subsea Power Distribution Station (SPDS), the future of subsea power generation and more. In addition, TWO videos are included that delve more into how SPDS makes a difference on a project and the importance of collaboration.
- Analyst Corner: Westwood Global Energy Group says explorers must recognize whether they have the right tools and processes to explore effectively for commercial finds.
- As always, we continue to highlight features on exploration, drilling, completions, production and offshore technologies.
As I See It
We are launching E&P Plus for a new era of oil and gas.
As the oil and gas industry regains strength following a tumultuous second quarter, companies could emerge anew.
Clay Williams discusses the future of onshore and offshore oil and gas development, the impact of the energy transition on oilfield service providers and more amid the challenging energy climate.
An upstream oil and gas company’s detailed road map outlines how to design a cost-effective decarbonization strategy
Streamlining the billing processes can help oil and gas companies thrive in tough times.
A subsea wellhead retrieval tool delivers quick wellhead recovery, minimizes opex and reduces rig time.
A new system reduces stage-to-stage transition time from 45 minutes to less than 3 minutes while ensuring the safety of personnel.
Explorers must recognize whether they have the right tools and processes to explore effectively for commercial oil and gas finds.
An offline cementing system saves an E&P company eight hours of cycle time and about $32,000 per well.
Hybrid mud logging is a major step change in providing quantitative data in near-real time without increasing personnel.
A new motor helps increase power and performance to complete longer laterals faster and with greater control.
Passive fire protection will be key to mitigating the risk effects of fire, saving lives and assets.
Can new variable frequency drives restore profitability to oil and gas production?
Reduce emissions by improving sulfur recovery unit performance with self-service industrial analytics.
The effectiveness of far-field diverters was evaluated by a Permian Basin operator using tracers.
Marine vibrators provide less environmental impact and better data.
Eduardo Cardoso, director of subsea processing technologies, discusses the company’s Subsea Power Distribution Station, the future of subsea power generation and more.
Digital twins are a rapidly developing technology widely expected to become a significant contributor to the future management of major industrial sites.
Check out the latest products and services for the upstream oil and gas industry including Schlumberger’s Performance Live digitally connected service that optimizes remote wellsite operations control.
Check out the latest oil and gas drilling activity highlights from around the world featured in the September issue of E&P including plans to drill and test a play offshore the U.K. originally discovered by ConocoPhillips in 1982.
Check out the latest oil and gas drilling activity highlights across the U.S. featured in the September issue of E&P Plus including Occidental Petroleum Bone Spring discoveries plus Marcellus Shale wells completed by Chevron.
On The Move
Check out the latest new hires, appointments and promotions as well as new company office and facility openings.
E&P companies must resist the urge to retreat from innovative technologies.
An expert panel of judges has selected the top 25 industry projects that open new and better avenues to the complicated process of finding and producing hydrocarbons around the world.