In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- New 3-D Marine Seismic Survey Planned In Offshore South Africa’s Block 11B/12B
- High-volume Upper Three Forks, Bakken Producers Completed at Drillpad In Mountrail County, N.D.
- Gas, Condensate Discovery Reported in Timor Sea Permit AC/P54
- First Horizontal Well Completed In Richard King Field By Durango Resources
- Three Niobrara Producers Completed From Drillpad In Adams County, Colo.
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Larry Prado, Hart Energy.com
Texas oilman Stephen M. Gose Jr. died Sept. 11 at age 89. He was chairman of the board of San Antonio-based The Exploration Co., later TXCO Resources Inc., in addition to many other oil and gas interests.
Investors managing $15 trillion in assets turned up the heat on oil and gas sector on Sept. 18 ahead of a United Nations summit in New York aimed at accelerating efforts to fight climate change.
The amount of gas flared has steadily increased, for the most part, in the Permian Basin as oil production has risen in recent years.