In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Turner Completion Tested Flowing 2.005 Mbbl of Oil, 2.991 MMcf Of Gas Per Day
- Second Norphlet Test Spud In Santa Rosa County, Fla.
- Offshore Ireland Prospect Prospective Gas Resources: 1.5 Tcf.
- Two Offsetting Wolfcamp Wells Completed In Lea County, N.M.
- Offshore U.K. Appraisal Well Hits 9.4-m Reservoir Interval At Colter Prospect
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Larry Prado , Hart Energy.com
The parties must now renegotiate a deal that would transfer Breitburn's Permian reserves to investors including Elliott and WL Ross through their participation in a $775 million rights offering.
Sustained lower oil prices may lead to Permian consolidation, the return of tough times to other shale plays and U.S. E&Ps helping rebalance global inventories.
A big crowd turned out for an afternoon honoring industry leaders representing all facets of the energy sector.