Acquisitions & Divestitures

Ithaca Energy to Buy Eni's UK Assets in $938MM North Sea Deal

Eni, one of Italy's biggest energy companies, will transfer its U.K. business in exchange for 38.5% of Ithaca's share capital, while the existing Ithaca Energy shareholders will own the remaining 61.5% of the combined group.

April 23, 2024

Acquisitions & Divestitures

TotalEnergies to Acquire Remaining 50% of SapuraOMV

TotalEnergies is acquiring the remaining 50% interest of upstream gas operator SapuraOMV, bringing the French company's tab to more than $1.4 billion.

April 22, 2024

Joint Ventures , Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)

TotalEnergies Cements Oman Partnership with Marsa LNG Project

Marsa LNG is expected to start production by first quarter 2028 with TotalEnergies holding 80% interest in the project and Oman National Oil Co. holding 20%.

April 22, 2024

Exploration & Production , Acquisitions & Divestitures

Galp Seeks to Sell Stake in Namibia Oilfield After Discovery, Sources Say

Portuguese oil company Galp Energia has launched the sale of half of its stake in an exploration block offshore Namibia.

April 22, 2024

Pipelines , International , Natural Gas

Balticconnector Gas Pipeline Back in Operation After Damage

The Balticconnector subsea gas link between Estonia and Finland was severely damaged in October, hurting energy security and raising alarm bells in the wider region.

April 22, 2024

Policy & Regulations , Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) , Natural Gas , Hart Energy Exclusive , CERAWeek

Exclusive: The Politics, Realities and Benefits of Natural Gas

Replacing just 5% of coal-fired power plants with U.S. LNG — even at average methane and greenhouse-gas emissions intensity — could reduce energy sector emissions by 30% globally, says Chris Treanor, PAGE Coalition executive director.

April 19, 2024

Geothermal , Renewables , RNG , Hydrogen , Energy Storage , Wind , Solar

Energy Transition in Motion (Week of April 19, 2024)

Here is a look at some of this week’s renewable energy news, including the latest on global solar sector funding and M&A.

April 19, 2024

Energy Transition , International , Health, Safety & Environment

Scotland Ditches 2030 Climate Target to Cut Emissions by 75%

Scotland was constrained by cuts to the capital funding it receives from the British government and an overall weakening of climate ambition by British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, said Mairi McAllan, the net zero secretary for Scotland's devolved government.

April 18, 2024


Equinor Releases Overview of Share Buyback Program

Equinor said the maximum shares to be repurchased is 16.8 million, of which up to 7.4 million shares can be acquired until May 15 and up to 9.4 million shares until Jan. 15, 2025 — the program’s end date.

April 17, 2024

Highlights , Crude Oil

Tethys Oil Releases March Production Results

Tethys Oil said the official selling price of its Oman Export Blend oil was $78.75/bbl.

April 17, 2024