In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Three Forks Discovery By WPX Tested Producing 5.682 Mboe/d.
- Total Plans Exploratory In Offshore Lebanon Block 4
- Eni: New Light Oil Discovery In Offshore Angola Block 15/06
- Fieldwood Spuds Development Test In Green Canyon Block 200
- Camino Natural Resources Reports Results From Grady County, Okla., Completion
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Mexican state oil company Pemex said on Dec. 6 it has discovered a deposit in southeastern Mexico that could yield 500 million barrels of crude, calling it the largest such finding in more than 30 years.
The deal would create the largest pure-play northern Midland Basin E&P with a 73,000-net-acre position that is expected to produce 12,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d) in 2020.
Saudi with OPEC peers and allies led by Russia backed a plan that could see cuts of as much as 2.1 million barrels per day (MMbbl/d), Saudi Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman said.