In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Chesapeake Operating Marcellus Discovery Flows 46.787 MMcf/d.
- Three Forks Well in McKenzie County, N.D.: 5.946 Mbbl of Oil, 6.185 MMcf of Gas per Day
- 88 Energy Wildcat Encounters 280 ft of Net Pay in Seabee, Torok, Kuparuk
- Five Marcellus Producers Completed at Susquehanna County, Pa. Drillpad
- Two Austin Chalk Wells Completed by Burlington Resources in Live Oak County, Texas
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
U.S. oil output reached around 13 million barrels per day (MMbbl/d) in February before the coronavirus pandemic hit fuel demand.
Commercial production from non-conventional energy sources—including fracking for shale gas—is currently not permitted in Colombia.
Up to 10 FPSOs could be needed to develop the prolific oil and gas resource base on the Stabroek Block, according to partner Hess Corp.