In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Middle Bakken, Three Forks Wells Completed at Dunn County, N.D., Drillpad (Devon Energy)
- Chesapeake Operating Completes Two Marcellus Wells in Bradford County, Pa.
- BHP Billiton Under Way at Wasabi Prospect in Green Canyon Block 124
- Spraberry Field-Wolfcamp Completion Produces 983 bbl of Oil, 3.382 MMcf of Gas per Day
- Utica Shale Completion by Rice Drilling Initially Flows 21.64 MMcf of Gas per Day (EQT)
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
SandRidge Energy agreed to the sale of its North Park Basin asset in Colorado, which marks the Oklahoma City-based independent’s transformation into a pure-play Midcontinent E&P company.
OPEC and its allies plan to deepen oil cuts and have the deal in place so it runs at least until June 2020 as Saudi Arabia wants to deliver a positive surprise to the market before the listing of Saudi Aramco, two sources familiar with the talks said.
At CERAWeek, OPEC vs. U.S. shale is often discussed as a showdown between competing interests, but the dynamic of Texas vs. the Middle East is nearly invisible this year.