In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Two Barnett Shale Wells Completed in Tarrant County, Texas (Editor’s note: TEP Barnett USA LLC is an affiliate of French oil major Total SA)
- Offshore U.K. Well by Total Hits 64 m of Net Pay
- GEP Haynesville Completes Four Haynesville Wells from Pads in Sabine Parish, La.
- Aramco Receives Approval to Develop Al-Jafurah Unconventional Gas Field in ad-Dhana Desert
- Two Wolfcamp-Spraberry Trend Completions in Reagan County, Texas
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
The share of drilling activity by Exxon Mobil and Chevron in the Permian Basin oil field in Texas and New Mexico dropped to less than 5% this month from 28% last spring, according to data.
Denbury Resources and Penn Virginia mutually agreed to terminate their merger after the $1.7 billion cash-and-stock transaction faced difficult market conditions and shareholder opposition.
Alongside its emergence from bankruptcy, Chesapeake Energy also unveiled a commitment to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas direct emissions by 2035 among other environmental targets.