The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) on May 4 revealed the 2020 recipients of the Spotlight on New Technology Award. Eighteen technologies from 14 companies from around the world will be awarded this year, including six companies that will be recognized for the Spotlight on Small Business Award.
The Spotlight on New Technology Award recognizes companies that have created new and advanced technologies that play a role in advancing the offshore oil and gas sector into the forthcoming years.
- Advisian Digital producer of CAROL
- Baker Hughes producer of SureCONNECT Downhole Intelligent Wet-Mate System
- Baker Hughes producer of Aptara lightweight compact tree
- Bosch Rexroth producer of A High Force and Low Voltage Subsea Valve Actuator (SVA) to enable the implementation of the All Subsea Factory in Brown Fields
- Dril-Quip Inc. producer of VXTe Vertical Subsea Tree System
- Halliburton producer of Xaminer Magnetic Resonance (XMR) service
- NOV producer of SWIT - Subsea Low Sulphate and Low Salinity Plant
- NOV producer of PowerBlade Energy Recovery System
- Schlumberger producer of NeoSteer at-bit steerable system
- Schlumberger producer of Ora intelligent wireline formation testing platform
- Siemens producer of Siemens AM Monitor
- TechnipFMC producer of Subsea Power Distribution Station
Spotlight Small Business Winners:
- DarkVision producer of HADES-F
- Rocsole Ltd. producer of LITI -Liquid In-Tank Inspection
- Rolloos producer of Red Zone Service
- Upwing Energy producer of Upwing Subsurface Compressor System
- WFS Technologies Ltd. producer of Seatooth SmartClamp
- WFS Technologies Ltd. producer of Subsea Cloud Computing Network
“We’re pleased to present this year’s recipients for their outstanding work in our industry,” Cindy Yeilding, chairperson, OTC board of directors said. “Their new technologies and services are shaping the way offshore products and services are advancing into the future. We applaud these companies for their hard work and dedication to this field.”
Winning technologies were selected based on the following five criteria: new: less than two years old; innovative: original, groundbreaking, and capable of having a major impact; proven: through full-scale application or successful prototype testing; broad interest: broad appeal for the industry; and significant impact: provides significant benefits beyond existing technologies.
Since 2014, OTC has supported and recognized the innovative technologies being developed by small businesses with the Spotlight on Small Business Award. In addition to meeting the above criteria, a small business honoree must be either independently owned and operated; a nonprofit company; or have no more than 300 employees preceding the 12 months after the application deadline.
“There has been a growing trend in the number of small business applicants and therefore winners in recent years,” Yeilding said. “This is a direct reflection of the innovation currently happening within the industry as well as the importance of this recognition. More and more companies are developing new technologies that are revolutionizing the offshore sector, and we are honored to be able to shine a spotlight to help the entire industry grow and thrive.”
William (Bill) Albrecht succeeds Laredo Petroleum’s founder, Randy Foutch, who decided to not stand for re-election to the board.
Tellurian Inc. said on Jan. 30 Cheniere Energy Inc. has dismissed all claims against its Chairman Charif Souki and Vice Chairman Martin Houston.
Executive served for 29 years.