Kilgore, Texas-based Martin acquired all of the outstanding membership interests in Atlas Pipeline NGL Holdings LLC and Atlas Pipeline NGL Holdings II LLC, which together owns a 20% stake in West Texas LPG Pipeline LP (WTLPG). WTLPG is operated by Chevron Pipe Line Co., an affiliate of Chevron Corp. (NYSE: CVX), which owns the remaining 80% interest.
WTLPG owns some 2,300 miles of pipeline with long-haul capacity of an estimated 240,000 barrels per day and volumes that have been at or near capacity since 2011. This transaction marks the first significant investment by Martin tied to the growing Permian Basin.
Citigroup Global Markets Inc. was financial advisor and Jones Day was legal advisor for Atlas. Philadelphia-based Atlas Pipeline Partners is the midstream subsidiary of Atlas Energy LP (NYSE: ATLS), a master limited partnership (MLP) which also owns the upstream subsidiary Atlas Resource Partners LP.
2023-11-20 - Along with NGL and oil pipelines and gas processing, Stephen Lipscomb, partner at Tailwater Capital, says the firm wants to bring a “full suite” of water services to the play.
2023-11-15 - Reading between the lines of midstream management's third-quarter commentary, executives had plenty to say about dividends, M&A and misjudged opportunities.
2023-11-14 - Pipeline company M&A continues as Lower 48 production soars while midstream companies also hiked dividends despite weak commodity prices.
2023-11-13 - TC Energy reported that its Canadian Coastal GasLink pipeline is mechanically complete, ahead of the company’s December target.
2023-11-10 - Owned by the federal government, Trans Mountain is targeting the start-up of the TMX expansion in first-quarter 2024.