Producers and service providers are driving the oil and gas industry with efficiency-focused technologies and strategies. To highlight these solutions, Hart Energy’s DUG Rockies conference and exhibition launches its new technology showcase. Leading companies like Halliburton, Schlumberger, Weatherford, Pioneer Energy and Baker Hughes will present case studies and live demonstrations throughout the exhibition. DUG Rockies is set for March 9-11 at Denver’s Colorado Convention Center.
Iconic political strategist Karl Rove will also address attendees during the networking luncheon on Thursday, March 10. Rove was a senior adviser to President George W. Bush. Today, he is a bestselling author, writes for the Wall Street Journal and contributes to Fox News.
Influential oil and gas industry executives are DUG Rockies’ main attraction. It was recently announced that Lance Lauck, executive vice president of PDC Energy Inc., will speak on his company’s findings from the field and the company's current outlook. The company grew production 65% in 2015.
Additional confirmed speakers include:
• Jim Volker, Chairman, President and CEO, Whiting Petroleum Corp.
• Greg Hill, President and COO, Hess Corp.
• Taylor Reid, President and COO, Oasis Petroleum Inc.
• Robert Boswell, Chairman and CEO, Laramie Energy II LLC.
• Jack Vaughn, Chairman and CEO, Peak Exploration & Production LLC
• Ward Polzin, CEO, Centennial Resource Development
• Chris Wright, CEO, Liberty Resources LLC
• Adam Bedard, CEO, ARB Midstream LLC
• Clay Gaspar, Senior Vice President and COO, WPX Energy Inc.
• Heath Mireles, Manager - Resource Development, Continental Resources Inc.
• Grant Butkus, U.S. Head of A&D Advisory, Macquarie Capital
• Mike Eberhard, Vice President, Synergy Resources Corp.
• Nathan Fisher, Vice President, Enerplus Resources (USA) Corp.
• Jeff Nelson, Vice President, Tallgrass Energy Partners LP
• HC Freitag, Vice President, Baker Hughes
• Steve Berman, Managing Director and Senior E&P Analyst, Canaccord Genuity Inc.
• Sam Margolin, Director - Equity Research, Energy, Cowen & Co.
• Ben Burke, Ph.D, Senior Geologist, Fifth Creek Energy LLC
• Jack Wiener, Chief Technical Advisor, Halliburton
• Garrett Frazier, Director of Sales and Marketing, Magnum Oil Tools International, Ltd.
In our final Permian perspectives segment, Tom Petrie analyzes where the basin fits in the ‘new world order.’
Anadarko Petroleum, which is the target of a bidding war between Occidental Petroleum and Chevron, beat analysts' estimates for quarterly profit fueled by higher sales volume and lower costs.
Exxon Mobil and Chevron are expected to report lower quarterly earnings per share when compared with last year, though both are in the midst of aggressive expansion plans in shale oil.