The Shenzi North subsea tieback in the Gulf of Mexico (GoM) has begun production to the Shenzi tension leg platform (TLP), operator Woodside Energy announced on Sept. 13.
Woodside took its final investment decision (FID) on Shenzi North, a two-well subsea tieback to the Shenzi TLP in Green Canyon Block 653, in July 2021. Shenzi North is in Green Canyon blocks 608 and 609.
First production had been targeted for 2024.
Woodside CEO Meg O’Neill called the start-up of the project a great achievement 26 months after FID.
Shenzi was discovered in 2002, and the BHP Billiton-operated Shenzi TLP began production in 2009. When BHP and Woodside merged in June 2022, Woodside took over operatorship of BHP’s GoM leases. The TLP has production capacity of 100,000 bbl/d and 50 MMcf/d.
Shenzi North, is the first development phase of the Greater Wildling mini-basin, and it was discovered in 2017.
Woodside operates Shenzi and Shenzi North with 72% interest on behalf of Repsol with the remaining 28% interest. Woodside operates with 100% Greater Wildling, which covers Green Canyon Blocks 520 and 564.
2023-09-29 - Primarily operated by Endeavor and Ovintiv, the acquisition encompasses approximately 5,000 net royalty acres in Midland’s Martin and Dawson counties, Texas.
2023-09-28 - Seapath and Pilot LNG's joint venture will be the first dedicated LNG bunkering facility for ships in the U.S. Gulf.
2023-09-28 - Talos Energy Inc closed the sale of a 49.9% interest in its Mexican subsidiary Talos Mexico to Zamajal, S. A. de C.V. in a deal valued at $124.8 million.
2023-09-27 - In this week's A&D Minute, California heats up in a bid to keep up with the Permian's slate of red hot deals.
2023-09-27 - White Rock Oil & Gas LLC retained TenOaks Energy Advisors for the sale of a majority operated working interest portfolio located across five regions of the lower 48—the Permian Basin, Ark-La-Tex, Rockies, Mid-Continent and Michigan.