In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Dimock Field-Marcellus Wells Completed By Chesapeake Operating
- Niobrara Discovery: 2.353 Mbbl Of Oil, 1.854 MMcf Of Gas Per Day
- Wolfcamp M-Red Hills Field Well Tested Flowing 2.807 Mbbl Of Oil, 10.873 MMcf/d.
- Strike Energy Announces Kingia Sandstone Flow Test Results
- Mississippi Canyon Block 726 Discovery Encounters 191 ft Of Miocene Pay
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
The collapse in prices has threatened the once-booming U.S. oil and gas industry, which has a relatively high cost of production, leading Washington to scramble for ways to protect the sector.
The prospect of lower production from the U.S. shale patch has pushed gas prices higher.
Continental Resources executive chairman Harold Hamm says U.S. shale producers are being forced to act because of storage tank limits.