ESG is here to stay, and questions abound.
Does my company understand its roles in ESG performance? Are we integrating ESG into our operations or simply focused on the next sustainability report? What’s considered material data for our company? What metrics and goals should we be using? Is leadership committed to ESG? Is the rest of the organization embracing it?
Across the energy sector, some companies are just beginning their ESG journey. Others have already begun integrating new practices and technologies into operations and are executing on stretch goals.
While there’s no silver bullet for ESG success, there are principles for reaching the objectives most important to your company.
Riding the ESG Wave
In October, Hart Energy’s new Energy Transition Capital Conference brought hundreds of energy finance professionals together in Houston for a "first-of-its-kind" program packed with insights into the multi-trillion-dollar low-carbon market.
Set for Nov. 29 at the Westin Houston (Memorial City), the in-person Energy ESG Conference promises the same level of top-tier networking alongside a dozen informative sessions presented by leaders in the sustainability, investment, and energy communities. The event will be capped with a networking reception celebrating Oil and Gas Investor’s Influential Women in Energy “Class of ‘21".
The speaker roster for this year’s live Energy ESG conference (the 2020 edition was virtual) includes headline-making companies and executives from:
- Halliburton And VoltaGrid Electric Solution Reduces Emissions for Chesapeake Energy
- Halliburton’s all-electric fracturing spread combined with VoltaGrid’s power generation system reduced emissions for Chesapeake by 32%.
- Chesapeake Energy Aims to Take Lead in Responsibly Sourced Gas Movement
- A new partnership is set to make Chesapeake Energy the first company to certify natural gas production across two major shale basins.
- Chesapeake Energy Raises Full-year Core Profit, Production Outlook
- The Oklahoma City-based producer posted adjusted profit of $1.64 per share for the second quarter, beating the average analyst estimate.
- Energy ESG: Role of Natural Gas in ‘100-foot ESG Tsunami’
- Project Canary CEO Chris Romer spoke with Hart Energy about responsibly sourced natural gas, ESG and how RSG enables the gas industry to meet aggressive climate goals and sustain its social license to operate.
- Project Canary Forms Partnership with Colorado’s Largest Energy Provider
- Its latest pilot project includes a deal with Xcel Energy to buy natural gas for its Colorado customers produced by Crestone Peak Resources and certified as “responsibly sourced.”
Energy Workforce & Technology Council
- PATH FORWARD: Leslie Beyer Talks PESA, AESC Merger
- Former PESA President Leslie Beyer talks about the merger of PESA and AESC to form The Energy Workforce & Technology Council (EWTC).
- Study Shows Diversity Progress for Sector
- Research by the EWTC and Accenture found the proportion of women in the U.S. energy technology and services sector rose to nearly 20% in 2020 and set a baseline for race and ethnicity at 25%.
- Opinion: Retraining & Upskilling Should Be Top Priority for Employee Retention
- Demonstrating leadership by investing in the workforce makes our sector and our industry a place where everyone will want to work.
3P Energy Capital
- Oil and Gas Investor: The Fracker’s Guide to the Green Galaxy
- The energy future needs landmen, geologists, engineers, places to store CO₂, money and business leaders who understand how to monetize the value chain.
- Oil and Gas RBL Alternatives to the Rescue
- After long-standing banks began to retrench reserve-based lending in 2020, alternative capital providers look poised to step up, or even take over, funding oil and gas producers.
- Midstream Business Anatomy of a Deal: Tailwater Capital
- Tailwater Capital’s premise is that demand for affordable, reliable energy isn’t going anywhere – and its deals are designed to help supply it.
- Tailwater Capital Strikes Midstream Deal with NorTex
- The NorTex Midstream deal follows Tailwater’s acquisition of Tall Oak II and III last month in Oklahoma’s Arkoma STACK.
- Schlumberger Wins Contract for Development of Turkey’s Largest Gas Field
- The Sakarya offshore greenfield is the largest gas reserve ever discovered in Turkey. The subsea development will be located approximately 100 nautical miles into the Black Sea.
- Schlumberger Takes Lead on Net-zero Ambition with Scope 3 Commitment
- Schlumberger’s net-zero carbon emissions goal will also address customer emissions, which account for 75% of its baseline greenhouse-gas footprint.
- Kairos Aerospace Secures $26 Million in Series C-1 Funding
- Kairos Aerospace, the leading locator of oilfield methane leaks and emissions, closed its $26 million Series C-1 funding round on Aug. 17, led by DCVC.
- Oil and Gas Investor Special Report: Oil, Gas and the Changing Financial Landscape
- Coleman Rowland at BKD, Gerrad Heep with Grant Thornton, Brian Baumler at PKF Texas, and Daron Fredrickson with Merit Advisors discuss risks and their bottom-line impact.
- ESG Reporting and Compliance: It’s Time to Plan Ahead
- As expectations for transparent ESG reporting grow, companies should plan their reporting structure now (by 2021 Energy ESG Conference speaker Greg Englert, Weaver.)
To view the agenda and register, visit EnergyESGConference.com.