In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Four Extended-lateral Wells in Eddy County, N.M., Produce from Wolfcamp A-XY
- Middle Miocene Well Tested Flowing 12,478 bbl of Oil, 25.725 MMcf of Gas per Day
- Glasscock County, Texas, Wolfcamp Well Produces 2.972 bbl of Oil, 4.585 MMcf of Gas per Day
- Two Offshore Norway Oil, Gas Discoveries at Equinor’s Swisher Prospect
- Commingled Mississippian, Woodford Producers Drilled at Grady County, Okla., Pad
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
The discussions on ways Washington can compensate oil-dependent states are a sign President Joe Biden’s administration has begun studying the financial and political cost of halting new federal oil leases.
While companies including Exxon Mobil, Chevron and ConocoPhillips have announced steps to tackle climate change, S&P said it does not see those “providing material credit differentiation.”
Bankruptcy, a global pandemic and a successful sale—Samson Resources II CEO Joe Mills has been through it all over the years. Hear this industry veteran discuss his optimistic mindset plus how he thinks the oil and gas business will need to adapt to face the future.