In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Four Extended-lateral Wells in Eddy County, N.M., Produce from Wolfcamp A-XY
- Middle Miocene Well Tested Flowing 12,478 bbl of Oil, 25.725 MMcf of Gas per Day
- Glasscock County, Texas, Wolfcamp Well Produces 2.972 bbl of Oil, 4.585 MMcf of Gas per Day
- Two Offshore Norway Oil, Gas Discoveries at Equinor’s Swisher Prospect
- Commingled Mississippian, Woodford Producers Drilled at Grady County, Okla., Pad
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
All major U.S. oil- and gas-producing regions, including the Permian Basin, saw declines.
Chevron Corp. is turning to joint ventures and drilling alliances in its bid to dominate the Permian Basin after abandoning a takeover that would have made it the leading producer in the world's biggest shale field.
Midcontinent E&P companies reduce well intensity to generate economic returns.