In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Wolfcamp Completion Tested Flowing 3.846 bbl of Oil, 11.786 MMcf of Gas per Day
- Purple Sage Field-Wolfcamp Venture: 3.436 bbl of Oil, 9.849 MMcf/d.
- Five Eagle Ford Completions Drill at Gonzales County, Texas, Pad
- Eddy County, N.M., Wolfcamp Completion Produces 4,544 bo, 10.925 MMcf/d.
- Mississippi Canyon Block 794 Well Flows 6,172 bbl of Oil, 11.905 MMcf of Gas per Day
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Shale producers are increasing spending on natural gas, a change from the past, amid forecasts for a 45% jump in gas prices next year compared to a 15% gain for Brent prices.
Malaysia’s state energy firm Petronas on Nov. 20 said it is stepping up investments in hydrogen as part of a global push to produce carbon-free energy, even as the firm expands its portfolio in LNG and renewable energy.
Kicked out of the club in 2012, the Haynesville was resurrected beginning in 2017 to take on the mighty Marcellus in metrics, aided by a proximity-to-market kicker. Now, it’s taking on oil basins at the IRR weigh-in.