In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- High-volume Wolfcamp Completion by EOG: 11.44 Mbbl of Oil, 21.771 MMcf of Gas Per Day
- New Gas Field Discovery Announced in Chile’s Fell Block
- Trinidad Completion by Touchstone Tested Flowing 5.736 Mboe/d.
- Brinninstool West Field Venture Produces 4.166 Mbbl of Oil, 8.79 MMcf of Gas from Wolfcamp
- Bossier Parish, La., Haynesville Producers Completed in Elm Grove Field
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Royal Dutch Shell Plc, BP Plc, Chevron Corp., Exxon Mobil Corp., Hess Corp. and Murphy Oil were taking precautions, but not evacuating workers from offshore production platforms on June 2 because of Tropical Storm Cristobal.
The time line for international R&D to demonstrate safe, sustainable and economically feasible gas hydrate production is on the horizon.
Parsley Energy plans to restore all of the 26,000 bbl/d it cut earlier this year and an EOG Resources executive told investors it would reopen shuttered wells and add new ones in the second half of the year.