In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Marathon Completes Two Three Forks Wells, Bakken Well From Drillpad
- Preliminary Estimate Of Onshore Sumatra Gas Discovery: 2 Tcf.
- Antero To Drill Three Marcellus Ventures In Ritchie County, W. Va.
- Trinity Operating Completes Two Woodford Producers From Pittsburg County, Okla., Drillpad
- EnVen Files Drilling Plan For Green Canyon Blocks 723 and 767
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Larry Prado, Hart Energy.com
US Oil and Gas Rig Count Steadies in April
2023-04-28 - The number of oil rigs went unchanged at 591, and gas rigs increased to 161 this week.
U.S. Drillers Add Oil and Gas Rigs for Second Week in a Row: Baker Hughes
2023-03-24 - Even though gas rig counts are currently up, analysts say drillers have been cutting rigs in some shale basins, especially the Haynesville due to higher production costs.
US Drillers Add the Most Gas Rigs in a Week Since December 2018: Baker Hughes
2023-03-17 - Oil rigs fell one to 589 this week, while gas rigs rose nine to 162.
US Oil & Gas Rig Count Falls for Second Week in a Row
2023-04-10 - U.S. oil rigs fell by two to 590, while gas rigs dropped by two to 158, Baker Hughes announced on April 6.
COO Richard Dealy: Pioneer Gears Up to Test Permian’s Woodford, Barnett Zones [WATCH]
2023-03-21 - Pioneer Natural Resources President and COO Richard Dealy discusses what's on tap for its Permian Basin, including electrification of fields, production growth, "decades of inventory" and wind turbines.