In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- EQT Production Announces Results from Two Marcellus Completions in Wetzel County, W. Va.
- Aramco Announces New Oil, Gas Fields in Northern Borders Province
- New Harrison County, Ohio, Utica Shale Completion by Ascent Resources
- Extraction Oil & Gas Completes Wattenberg Field Ventures in Weld County, Colo.
- Gas Condensate Discovery in Sindh Province, Pakistan
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
The projected increase in oil and gas production follows recent reports by the EIA of a sharp decline in the DUC count in all major U.S. shale regions.
Meanwhile, crude output in Texas, the biggest oil-producing state, meanwhile, eased 0.1% to 4.873 million barrels per day, according to a report by the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
The largest change is forecast in the Permian Basin of Texas and New Mexico, where oil production is expected to climb by 23,000 bbl/d to a record of about 3.85 million bbl/d in February.