The two-day conference focuses on hands-on leadership approaches that achieve revolutionary improvements in performance in the areas of new development, system replacement, ensuring safety, improving efficiency and overcoming challenges from inside and outside of the pipeline industry.
Here's a recap of the 2018 Pipeline Leadership Conference:
- The conference focused on "The Changing Environment of Pipeline Construction" and featured a mix of speakers and panel discussions
- The agenda was divided into two sections: The Executive Forum and the Workforce Forum
- 23 students from Oklahoma State University, Skills USA, Houston Community College, Louisiana Tech, Arizona State University and the University of Alberta participated in the inaugural Student-Led Pipeline Innovations Workshop
- The Pipeline Leadership Award was given to Tracy Townsend for her role in developing a strategic partnership program at Washington Gas
- The conference recognized long-time industry veteran Don W. Thorn with the inaugural lifetime achievement award