Maxus (U.S.) Exploration Co., the U.S.-based operating subsidiary of Argentina’s state-owned YPF SA, is selling nonoperated deepwater Gulf of Mexico assets through a sealed-bid offering handled by EnergyNet.
The offer includes interest in 18 wells operated by a subsidiary of BHP Billiton Ltd. (NYSE: BHP). The assets are located in the Neptune Field, about 130 miles offshore Louisiana and roughly centered in Atwater Valley Blocks 573, 574, 575, 617 and 618.
- 15% gross working interest;
- 13.25% net revenue interest;
- 18 wells;
- Eight producing;
- 10 non-producing;
- Five-month average net income of $1,216,108 per month;
- Six-month average 8/8ths production of 7,757 barrels per day (bbl/d) of oil and 6.024 million cubic feet per day (MMcf) of gas;
- Operated by BHP Billiton Petroleum Inc.;
- Estimated third-party net proved reserves of 1.378 million barrels of oil equivalent;
- 1.211 million barrels and 939 million cubic feet;
- Neptune reserves produced using a standalone, tension-leg platform; and
- Water depth across the field ranges from 4,300 ft above the escarpment to 6,500 ft at the well sites.
2022-08-03 - Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary 1PointFive will continue its carbon capture and sequestration hub expansion with the leasing of 27,000 acres of timberland from Manulife Investment Management in Louisiana.
2022-06-28 - Equinor and British renewable power generator and network operator SSE agreed to buy U.K.-based Triton on June 28 from private equity firm Energy Capital Partners for 341 million pounds (US$418.65 million).
2022-06-14 - NextEra Energy's Real Zero carbon emissions reduction goal will drive energy affordability for customers and eliminate carbon emissions by 2045.
2022-06-06 - As demand for renewable diesel grows, ADM, Marathon Petroleum Corp. and the state of North Dakota celebrate the groundbreaking of Green Bison production facility.
2022-06-03 - CenterPoint Energy is among the first utilities in the U.S. to produce zero-carbon hydrogen for blending with its natural gas supply with its new green hydrogen facility in Minneapolis.