Eni has signed an exploration and production-sharing agreement with the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah, the Italian oil company’s latest expansion in the Middle East.
The agreement covers Block A offshore Ras Al Khaimah, one of the seven United Arab Emirates (UAE). It was signed between Eni and the emirate’s RAK Petroleum Authority, Eni said in a statement on April 18.
Block A is an area of 2,412 sq km. Eni will be the block’s operator, with a 90% participating interest, while RAK GAS will hold the remaining 10%.
Earlier this year, Eni pledged $3.3 billion to buy part of the world’s fourth-biggest refinery in the UAE, increasing its own refining capacity by more than a third.
In January the oil company of Sharjah, another emirate, awarded Eni concessions in three areas.
That same month Eni also signed an exploration and production agreement in neighboring Oman.
Today’s featured 25 Influential Women in Energy honoree is Melanie Little, senior vice president of operations and EHS&S at Magellan Midstream Partners based in Tulsa, Okla.
Schlumberger CEO Olivier Le Peuch said the appointment of Dr. Katharina Beumelburg as chief strategy and sustainability officer comes at a pivotal time for the oilfield services company as well as “the energy industry and our planet.”
Waiver will allow foreign vessels to ship products from the Gulf Coast to the East Coast.