Deepwater

Deepwater

No Hydrocarbons Found in Key Exxon Mobil Prospect Offshore Brazil, Partner Says

The claim comes a week after Houston-based Murphy Oil said Exxon Mobil’s Cutthroat prospect in the Sergipe-Alagoas Basin offshore Brazil could have as much as 1 billion barrels of oil and gas.

March 28, 2022

Field Development , Deepwater

New Exxon-led Oil Prospect Offshore Brazil Could Hold up to 1 Billion Barrels

Exxon Mobil kicked off drilling activity on the so-called Cutthroat-1 prospect offshore of Brazil on Feb. 20 and should conclude in the coming weeks, Murphy Oil CEO Roger Jenkins said in a presentation to investors.

March 23, 2022

Deepwater , Drilling

Use of Historical Data to Drive Present Drilling Rig Performance

Data intelligence is key to supporting energy transition goals. A reporting and intelligence sharing rig inspection tool is just one example of how smart data can be utilized to enhance inspections and understand trends, so issues can be effectively predicted before they occur.

March 14, 2022

Deepwater , Logistics

Minimizing Equipment Downtime with In-situ Seal Welding Technology

A seal welding technology has resulted in no requirement for an FPSO to return to port, and repairs can be carried out offshore to allow continued production and minimize costly equipment downtime.

March 11, 2022

Field Development , Deepwater

Exxon Mobil, Hess Raise Guyana Oil Outlook with New Production Vessel

Production at the Liza Unity FPSO vessel is expected to reach 220,000 bbl/d of oil later this year, Exxon Mobil said. The first production unit, Liza Destiny, is pumping 120,000 bbl/d.

February 11, 2022

Deepwater

TotalEnergies Withdraws from US Gulf of Mexico Deepwater Project

TotalEnergies held a 60% interest in North Platte deepwater project and served as the project’s operator. Norway-based Equinor owned the remaining 40% interest.

February 11, 2022

Deepwater , Legislation

API Appeals Gulf of Mexico Lease Sale Ruling

“Today we’re taking action to preserve American energy leadership and ensure that development in the Gulf of Mexico can continue to play a critical role in meeting the nation’s energy needs, while generating billions in revenue for critical conservation programs,” API's Frank Macchiarola said.

February 9, 2022

Deepwater , Technology

Shenandoah to Help Push Deepwater Boundaries

The future is positive for HP/HT developments, rigs and the 20k market, according to Beacon Offshore Energy and Transocean. 

February 8, 2022

Deepwater , Subsea

Beacon Taps Subsea 7 for Shenandoah Project Offshore Gulf of Mexico

The project covers the tieback of four subsea wells to the Shenandoah host facility through a subsea manifold with dual flowlines and risers.

February 1, 2022

Discoveries , Deepwater

Shell Makes ‘Significant’ Discovery in Closely-watched Well Offshore Namibia

It is unclear if the discoveries offshore Namibia are big enough for Shell to go ahead with the development of the country’s first deepwater field, sources say.

January 25, 2022