TotalEnergies Starts Production from Nigeria’s Ikike Gas Field

TotalEnergies' development of the Ikike field offshore Nigeria is expected to reach peak production of 50,000 boe/d by the end of 2022.

Hart Energy Staff
TotalEnergies Starts Production from Nigeria’s Ikike Gas Field

France’s TotalEnergies is developing the Ikike field through a partnership with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corp. (Source: TotalEnergies SE)

TotalEnergies began production on the Ikike field in Nigeria, which is anticipated to reach peak production of 50,000 boe/d by the end of the year, a press release announced on July 25.

The company, which holds a 40% stake in the project, is developing the field through a partnership with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corp., which holds the remaining 60% stake.

Tied back to the existing Amenam offshore facilities connected through a 14-km multiphase pipeline, the Ikike platform is located 20 km off the Nigerian coast with a depth of 20 m. Using existing infrastructure in the development allows the partnership to lower operational costs.

Already have an account? Log In

Sign up for FREE access to view this article now!

Unlock Free Access