When we talk of ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) in oil and gas, the focus inevitably turns to toward the “E.” But, you shouldn’t forget the “S” and “G,” said TGS CEO Kristian Johansen.
“You forget that the industry makes strong contributions to the social and governance,” Johansen said in this wide ranging interview with Hart Energy. It’s important because those are the main drivers toward any goals of reaching net zero emissions, he added.
Jump to a topic:
- ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) contribution by oil and gas (0:54)
- Role of service sector in achieving net zero targets (2:53)
- One hand helps the other (3:57)
- ESG in service contract negotiations (4:29)
- Managing the energy transition dilemma (5:48)
- Working with independents on ESG (7:57)
- COVID-19 effect on the energy transition (9:01)
- How R&D may change during the energy transition (9:59)
- Employee changeover in the age of ESG (11:45)
- Industry messaging (13:03)
The company's latest innovation is the future of hybrid wireline technology in the global oil and gas industry, introducing incredible efficiency in a way rarely seen with heavy vehicle manufacturing.
Seadrill Ltd. has secured a four year firm contract for the West Saturn drillship on April 27 with Equinor Brasil Energia Ltda for work on the Bacalhau field in Brazil.
The data is to be used to verify the suitability for storage of CO2 in offshore reservoirs located in the Permian Gas Basin in the Southern North Sea.