As 2017 drew to a close, Hart Energy reached out to industry experts for a review of the past year and a heads up for 2018.
Watch Part I: Outlook 2018: Surprises & Strategies
In this, the second of two segments hosted by Jessica Morales, we asked about trends and challenges for the industry in the new year.
- Raoul LeBlanc, Managing Director, IHS Markit;
- Maynard Holt, CEO, Tudor, Pickering, Holt and Co.;
- Jeff Quigley, Director, Energy Markets, Stratas Advisors;
- Cliff Vrielink, Co-Managing Partner, Sidley Austin LLP; and
- Tim Chandler, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
The shale boom took energy security off the U.S. political agenda, but that may not last.
Total CEO Patrick Pouyanne said he is not worried by media reports that Algiers would block the deal to buy Anadarko Petroleum's assets in the country.
Part I of our outlook for oil and gas in 2018 features five experts discussing industry surprises in 2017 and investing opportunities for the new year.