The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) honored on May 3 the previously announced 2022 class of Emerging Leaders Program, recognizing young professionals with fewer than 10 years of experience in the offshore energy sector. According to an official announcement by the OTC, this year’s program participants are passionate about their field work, dedicated to industry service and highly focused on safety in the workplace.
The honorees, who were recognized during a special ceremony, were nominated by one of OTC’s 15 sponsoring, endorsing, or supporting organizations and selected by last year’s inaugural class of Emerging Leaders.
“The 2022 Emerging Leaders class is filled with incredibly smart and passionate young professionals positioned to help shape the future of offshore energy development,” Leigh Ann Runyan, executive Director of OTC, said in a statement.
“The ability to develop new solutions that help overcome the energy industry’s most pressing challenges has always been dependent on hard-work, determination and innovation; this year’s Emerging Leaders class is filled with young professionals that understand what’s at stake and have the ability to lead our industry into the future," Runyan added.
Blow is a list of the fifteen honorees of the 2022 Emerging Leader Class:
- Qian Wu, PhD, Wells Research Engineer, Exxon Mobil Upstream Research Co.
- Lauren Ray, Geoscience Supervisor, Exxon Mobil
- Wojciech Jakubowski, PhD, Senior Scientist, Baker Hughes
- Ajay Shastri, PhD, Project Engineer, Geosyntec Consultants Inc.
- Carlos Lopez, Senior Associate, Stress Engineering Services Inc.
- Sara Young, Director of Growth and Development, Wood
- Gabriel Serrão Seabra, Digital Transformation Manager for E&P-Reservoir Team, Petrobas
- Harish Sarma Krishnamoorthy, PhD, Assistant Professor, University of Houston
- Dongchun Mary Qiao, PhD, Senior Engineer, ABS
- Dairon Campos Dominguez, Engineering and Development Manager, OneStep Power Solutions Inc.
- Dario Mariani Sung, QHSE Data Specialist, TechnipFMC
- Abhinandan Kohli, Senior QI Petrophysicist, Shell
- Manoj Jegannathan, Senior Facilities Marine Engineer, Occidental US Offshore
- Izzat Thiyahuddin, PhD, Executive (Materials), PETRONAS Research Sdn Bhd
- Thomas Shattuck, third year law student at University of Houston and Incoming Associate, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
2022-06-28 - Because oil and gas will still be part of the energy mix, executives said it also makes sense to incentivize lower-carbon basins like the Bakken.
2022-04-19 - Executives from Halliburton and Schlumberger weigh in on what trends in technology are emerging in the Permian Basin.
2022-04-11 - To help solve onset difficulties at the well site or facility, new surface well testing equipment can assist oil and gas producers in increasing efficiency and saving time and money.
2022-05-10 - Datagration’s vice chairman Ike Epley shared how the company’s software platform boosts efficiency, safety and revenue through unified data solutions.
2022-06-30 - Schlumberger recently gave Hart Energy an inside look at the company’s creative solutions and technologies that help oil and gas producers reduce carbon and methane emissions.