ESG has become a hot topic for oil and gas companies in recent years and its importance is not going away anytime soon, according to Wil VanLoh, founder and CEO of Quantum Energy Partners.
“If our industry is going to continue to attract capital we’re really going to have to up our game as far as ESG reporting,” VanLoh told Hart Energy during a virtual roundtable with Pam Lacey, chief regulatory counsel at the American Gas Association, and John Ale, retired senior vice president and general counsel for Southwestern Energy.
The roundtable, hosted by Hart Energy’s Len Vermillion and Jessica Morales, discussed the oil and gas industry’s position on ESG: What work has been done, how do we advance the dialogue to get industry companies on the same page and are we taking advantage of the opportunity to spread a better message to investors and the public?
The discussion touches on all of those topics and opinions differ. Watch the conversation to hear panelists address it all.
Jump to a topic:
- Companies & investors on ESG reporting (0:35)
- What’s necessary to include (8:32)
- What to report to potential investors (10:43)
- Difference between larger and smaller companies (17:27)
- Examples of handling ESG reporting properly (21:38)
- An opportunity for the industry (27:09)
- Unified standard of ESG reporting (29:55)
- Difference between oil and gas producers? (33:07)
- Service company’s role in ESG (36:00)
- Technology’s role (38:00)
- Industry’s path Forward (42:55)
Future wells will not be brought online by Apache without adequate gas takeaway capacity going forward, says John J. Christmann IV, APA’s CEO and president.
A roundtable of oil and gas experts from Range Resources, Quantum Energy Partners and Babst Calland offered insights on why ESG dialogue is central to investment dollars during Hart Energy’s DUG East and Marcellus-Utica Midstream Virtual Conference.
There’s little doubt sustainability will be part of doing business in oil and gas fields going forward. Now, how do companies go about quantifying their efforts?