Cheiron struck oil with the GNN-11 exploration well in the Gulf of Suez, the company announced Aug. 22.
The exploration well was drilled into a fault block to the east of the GNN oil field development in Cheiron’s Geisum and Tawila West concession. The well encountered 165 ft of good quality vertical net pay in the Pre-Miocene Nubia formation and this is the first time the Nubia has been found to be oil bearing in the GNN area of the Concession. The producing reservoir in the main GNN field is in the Nukhul formation.
The GNN Early Production Facility (EPF), which started production in March, drilled the GNN-11 well and placed it on production at 2,500 bbl/d of oil.
GNN-11 is the fourth well to be completed from the EPF, which is located in the central area of the field and includes a conductor support platform, a mobile offshore production unit and a 10-inch oil export pipeline, tied back to the existing Geisum Star production complex. Three additional wells can be drilled from the EPF, and these will be used to complete the current phase of the GNN drilling program, Cheiron said.
According to Cheiron, with the addition of production from GNN-11, the concession’s gross oil production has grown to 23,000 bbl/d of oil from 4,000 bbl/d of oil before the GNN field was developed.
Cheiron and Kufpec plan to drill at least three additional exploration wells in the concession area.
Cheiron, through its PICO GOS affiliate, operates the concession with a 60% working interest, and partner Kufpec holds the remaining 40% interest. Feld operations are managed by the PetroGulf Misr Joint Operating Company on behalf of EGPC and the partners.
2023-10-18 - With a recurring theme of oil and gas consolidation, Todd Brooker, the president of Cawley, Gillespie and Associates Inc., weighs in on where M&A is headed in this A&D Minute.
2023-10-09 - International Petroleum Corp. repurchased the total common shares on the NASDAQ Stockholm and Toronto Stock Exchange.
2023-10-04 - Tap Rock II LLC has retained EnergyNet for the sale of a 53 Well Package located in Lea County, New Mexico.
2023-11-21 - TechnipFMC will sell its Measurement Solutions business to One Equity Partners to focus on core products, the company said.
2023-10-25 - Northern Oil and Gas picked up more wells and acreage in the third quarter and upped its capex as, so far this year, the company cobbled together nearly 30 net locations through 31 transactions.