BlueFire Equipment Corp. is acquiring Screaming Eagle Energy LLC, an oil and gas company focused on M&A in Texas.

BlueFire Equipment acquired 85% of Screaming Eagle Energy on Dec. 14, the company disclosed in a Dec. 18 news release.

The same day, Screaming Eagle Energy entered into a letter of intent to acquire producing oil and gas assets in Texas. The deal includes production in excess of 1,400 boe/d with drilling upside potential and over 25,000 acres currently held in production.

The asset acquisition is expected to close during the first quarter of 2024. Terms of the deal and the seller were not disclosed.

Screaming Eagle is a cash flow-positive, family-owned oil and gas company. Screaming Eagle owns a 90% ownership interest in Screaming Eagle BNR JV LLC, a joint venture formed in 2022 with Buffalo XXII Operating LLC, which owns the remaining 10% interest.

The joint venture owns existing wells in the Fort Trinidad field with stacked pay zones near Madisonville, Texas. The joint venture produces crude volumes of 5,950 bbl/month and natural gas output of 17,800 Mcf/month, according to an October release.