In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Four Fort Union Wells Completed From Drillpad in Sweetwater County, Wyo.
- Oxy USA Completes High-volume Wolfcamp, Second Bone Spring Wells From Drillpad In Lea County, N.M.
- Up To 42 Exploration Wells Permitted In Offshore Newfoundland, Labrador
- Long-reach Marchand Well Announced In Caddo County, Okla.
- Deep, Remote Exploratory Targeting Granite Rhyolite Wash Planned in Hardin County, Ill.
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Capex cuts cast a pall on future rig utilization while production continues to increase.
West Alpha could end up operating offshore Norway instead of going back to Russia in 2015, said Dominic Genetti, operations manager for Exxon Mobil in Norway.
By buying into Russia’s largest driller, Schlumberger is putting aside concerns about economic sanctions and the state of the country’s economy.