In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Development Test Scheduled By Shell In Kaikas Field
- Four Roosevelt County, Mont., Bakken Producers Announced By Kraken
- Pioneer Oil Plans To Drill 6,200-ft Platteville Wildcat In Franklin County, Ill.
- Results Announced From Offsetting Loving County, Texas, Wolfcamp Wells
- Four Eagle Ford Producers Drilled At Hawkville Field Pad
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Alaska North Slope oil production has slipped below 500,000 barrels per day and will decline further in coming years, according to the latest forecast released by the state Department of Revenue.
Mexican state oil company Pemex said on Dec. 6 it has discovered a deposit in southeastern Mexico that could yield 500 million barrels of crude, calling it the largest such finding in more than 30 years.
The deal would create the largest pure-play northern Midland Basin E&P with a 73,000-net-acre position and 12,000 boe/d of production that is expected to more than double through 2020.