In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Four High-volume Bone Springs Wells Completed By Devon In Lea County, N.M.
- Wolfcamp Completion By EOG Resources Flows 2.478 Mbbl of Oil, 14.43 MMcf Of Gas Per Day
- Lewis Sand Discovery In Sweetwater County, Wyo., Flows 7.763 MMcf Of Gas, 772 bbl Of Condensate/Oil Per Day
- Utica Completion By Ascent Resources Flows 21.506 MMcf Of Gas Per Day
- Oswego Producer In Ellis County, Okla., Flows 1.067 Mbbl Of Oil, 1.14 MMcf Of Gas Per Day
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
The acquisition of Jagged Peak will more than double Parsley Energy’s position in the Delaware Basin, where the companies expect to generate G&A savings of about $25 million within the first year.
Denbury Resources and Penn Virginia mutually agreed to terminate their merger after the $1.7 billion cash-and-stock transaction faced difficult market conditions and shareholder opposition.
Covey Park co-CEO John Jacobi and Denham Managing Partner Jordan Marye joined the Comstock Resources board following the completion on July 16 of the roughly $2.2 billion acquisition.