In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- GEP Hayneville: Two High-volume Haynesville Completions in Red River Parish, La.
- Niobrara Discovery in Converse County, Wyo.: 1.285 Mbbl of Oil, 2.436 MMcf of Gas Per Day
- Cabot Oil & Gas Marcellus Completion Tested Flowing 41 MMcf of Gas Per Day
- Upper Three Forks Well Tested Flowing 6.028 Mbbl of Oil, 5.644 MMcf of Gas Per Day
- Cooper/Eromanga Basin Exploratory in Queensland Hits 35-m Interpreted Gas Pay Zone
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Following the sale of its Powder River Basin asset to an undisclosed buyer, Samson Resources said it will begin the process of winding down its affairs and moving toward final dissolution.
Daniel Rice, former CEO of Rice Energy who now sits on the EQT board, addressed the elephant in the room earlier this month at Hart Energy’s Energy Capital Conference.
Denbury Resources and Penn Virginia mutually agreed to terminate their merger after the $1.7 billion cash-and-stock transaction faced difficult market conditions and shareholder opposition.