In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- GEP Hayneville: Two High-volume Haynesville Completions in Red River Parish, La.
- Niobrara Discovery in Converse County, Wyo.: 1.285 Mbbl of Oil, 2.436 MMcf of Gas Per Day
- Cabot Oil & Gas Marcellus Completion Tested Flowing 41 MMcf of Gas Per Day
- Upper Three Forks Well Tested Flowing 6.028 Mbbl of Oil, 5.644 MMcf of Gas Per Day
- Cooper/Eromanga Basin Exploratory in Queensland Hits 35-m Interpreted Gas Pay Zone
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
John Jacobi, non-executive director at Comstock Resources, says tough times are ahead but the oil and gas industry could benefit from getting a little smaller.
Bill Marko, managing director at Jefferies, says he sees permanent changes to the U.S. shale business resulting from the destruction to oil demand over the past several months.
The bust has erased tens of thousands of jobs in the drilling and service sectors, dried up local tax revenues and charitable largess that flowed along with crude oil to Texas, North Dakota and Oklahoma.