In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Middle Bakken, Three Forks Wells Completed at Dunn County, N.D., Drillpad (Devon Energy)
- Chesapeake Operating Completes Two Marcellus Wells in Bradford County, Pa.
- BHP Billiton Under Way at Wasabi Prospect in Green Canyon Block 124
- Spraberry Field-Wolfcamp Completion Produces 983 bbl of Oil, 3.382 MMcf of Gas per Day
- Utica Shale Completion by Rice Drilling Initially Flows 21.64 MMcf of Gas per Day (EQT)
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Chevron’s partnership with Enterprise Products Partners has the potential to advance the U.S. oil major’s ongoing work to grow its lower carbon businesses with commercial scale, says Jeff Gustavson, president of Chevron New Energies.
Occidental Petroleum, the holder of the largest net acreage of drilling rights in the Permian Basin, pins hopes on EOR using captured greenhouse gases.
Schlumberger said Dec. 19 it became the first company in upstream E&P services to commit to a science-based target to reduce emissions.