In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Middle Bakken, Three Forks Wells Completed at Dunn County, N.D., Drillpad (Devon Energy)
- Chesapeake Operating Completes Two Marcellus Wells in Bradford County, Pa.
- BHP Billiton Under Way at Wasabi Prospect in Green Canyon Block 124
- Spraberry Field-Wolfcamp Completion Produces 983 bbl of Oil, 3.382 MMcf of Gas per Day
- Utica Shale Completion by Rice Drilling Initially Flows 21.64 MMcf of Gas per Day (EQT)
Top 12 IP Wells in the Marcellus Shale
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Chevron Dominates Long-awaited GoM Lease Sale
2023-03-30 - High bids increased by $72 million in the first GOM sale in two years.
Manchin Threatens to Sue US Treasury Over EV Tax Credit Rules
2023-03-30 - U.S. Democrat and Senate Energy Committee Chair Joe Manchin on March 29 accused the Biden administration of thwarting the Inflation Reduction Act's original intent in a Wall Street Journal opinion piece.
TotalEnergies Sues Greenpeace Over Emissions Report
2023-05-03 - Greenpeace and Factor X's emissions report accused TotalEnergies of having emitted about 1.64 Bmt of Co2e in 2019, but only disclosing 455 MMmt in public statements.
US Settles Air Pollution Cases With Three Natural Gas Processors
2023-04-20 - The Biden Administration agreed on separate settlements worth $25 million in total with three natural gas processors to reduce air pollution across 12 states.
Leading Investor Group Toughens Stance on New Upstream Oil and Gas Projects
2023-03-29 - The Net Zero Asset Owner Alliance's new requirements reflect a scientific consensus that plans to transition the global economy away from fossil fuels must accelerate.