In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Offshore Namibia Prospective Resource Estimate: 772 MMbbl of Oil
- Offshore Suriname Discovery Hits 123 M of Net Pay Near Stabroek Block
- Wolfcamp-Phantom Field Completion Tested Flowing 3.871 Mbbl of Oil, 10.79 MMcf of Gas Per Day
- Anadarko Petroleum Permits First Of 11 Tests on Magnus Prospect (Editor's note: Anadarko Petroleum was acquired by Occidental Petroleum Corp. in a transaction that closed August 2019.)
- Meramec Completion in Blaine County, Okla., Produces 636 boc, 17.9 MMcf/d.
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
ConocoPhillips had previously announced the sale of its Australia-West assets and operations to partner Santos in October 2019.
The deal would create the largest pure-play northern Midland Basin E&P with a 73,000-net-acre position and 12,000 boe/d of production that is expected to more than double through 2020.
May 2020: High-volume Wolfcamp Completion by EOG: 11.44 Mbbl of Oil, 21.771 MMcf of Gas Per Day