In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Offshore Namibia Prospective Resource Estimate: 772 MMbbl of Oil
- Offshore Suriname Discovery Hits 123 M of Net Pay Near Stabroek Block
- Wolfcamp-Phantom Field Completion Tested Flowing 3.871 Mbbl of Oil, 10.79 MMcf of Gas Per Day
- Anadarko Petroleum Permits First Of 11 Tests on Magnus Prospect (Editor's note: Anadarko Petroleum was acquired by Occidental Petroleum Corp. in a transaction that closed August 2019.)
- Meramec Completion in Blaine County, Okla., Produces 636 boc, 17.9 MMcf/d.
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Changes would include reducing the amount of time an operator may get an administrative exception to flare natural gas.
Check out the latest oil and gas drilling activity highlights from around the world featured in the August issue of E&P including Equinor’s discovery of a potentially large oil reservoir offshore Canada’s Flemish Pass plus an Alaska wildcat on the North Slope reported by 88 Energy.
Estimated volumes at the Dugong discovery are 40 to 120 million barrels of oil equivalent (MMboe), the company said.