In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Three Forks, Middle Bakken Discoveries at McKenzie County, N.D., Drillpad
- Felix Energy Completes Four Wolfcamp Wells from Winkler County, Texas, Drillpad (Editor's note: Felix Energy was acquired by WPX Energy in a transaction that closed in March.)
- Results Announced From Ortoire Block Production Test in Trinidad
- Bone Spring Producer In Eddy County, N.M., Flows 7.15 Mbbl of Oil, 8.214 MMcf of Gas Per Day
- Forward Field-Marcellus Shale Producer Reported by EQT Production
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
The U.S. rig count rose last week to 443 as of Feb. 17, according to Enverus Rig Analytics. The count is up 4% in the last month but still down 46% year-over-year.
High-volume Marcellus Shale wells, EOG Resources Eagle Ford completions from an Eagleville Field drillpad plus a Hilcorp Energy venture in Louisiana state waters flowing gas top this week’s drilling activity highlights from around the world.
According to Lynn Helms, North Dakota’s director of mineral resources, last year was a “pretty terrible year for the industry” and oil and gas producers in 2021 will be stressed from both ends—investor and market demands.