In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Two Wolfcamp Wells Completed by WPX Energy in Ward County, Texas (Devon Energy)
- Antero Resources Announces Results from Marcellus Discovery in Doddridge County, W. Va.
- Haynesville Shale Completion in Panola County, Texas, Flows 21.424 MMcf/d.
- Three Niobrara Completions at Weld County, Colo., Drillpad by Extraction Oil & Gas (Bonanza Creek Energy/Civitas Resources)
- Brinninstool West Field-Wolfcamp Well: 5,453 bbl of Oil, 9.779 MMcf of Gas per Day
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Pin Oak Energy closed a transaction with a Shell affiliate to acquire roughly 43,000 acres prospective for Utica Shale development in northwestern Pennsylvania.
Private E&P LLOG Exploration and Spain’s Repsol agreed to collaborate on deepwater development in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico plus an asset exchange of the Leon and Moccasin discoveries.
The Occidental-Anadarko takeover plus the completion of Encana and Chesapeake’s multibillion-dollar mergers top our list of upstream deal-making from the first half of 2019.