In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Three Forks Discovery Tested Flowing 5.602 Mbbl O Oil, 6.38 MMcf Of Gas Per Day
- Two Marcellus Completions Flow 43.997 MMcf, 44.6 MMcf Per Day
- Offshore Angola Discovery Hits 203-m Oil Column
- ExxonMobil Discovery In Offshore Cyprus Hits 436-ft Gas-bearing Reservoir
- Cabot Completes Four Marcellus Shale Discoveries In Susquehanna County, Pa.
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Larry Prado, Hart Energy.com
Activist investor Elliott Management offered to buy oil and gas producer QEP Resources in an all-cash deal valued at $2.07 billion, saying that the company is "deeply undervalued."
Saudi Aramco CEO Amin Nasser says his company is looking to acquire natural gas assets in the U.S. and is willing to spend "billions of dollars" there as it aims to become a global gas player.
Canyon Capital Advisors has warned it would vote against the sale of Rowan to rival Ensco, casting doubt on a combination that had signaled optimism about the future of offshore exploration.