In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- TEP Rocky Mountain Completes Three Rulison Field Producers in Garfield County, Colo.
- Mississippi Canyon Block 794 Discovery Hits 284 ft of Net Pay
- Four Extended-reach Niobrara Wells Completed at Arapahoe County, Colo., Pad
- Three Wolfbone Field-Bone Spring Wells Announced in Reeves County, Texas
- Multi-well Exploration Campaign Planned in South Africa Block 11B/12B
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
U.S. energy firms cut the number of oil and gas rigs over the past week to a record low for a 14th week even as higher oil prices prompt some producers to start drilling again.
The move comes as the November presidential election looms and the Trump administration aims to complete several more deregulatory actions on the spring Unifed Agenda, a list of its policy priorities.
The U.S. oil and gas rig count fell by four to an all-time low of 247 in the week to Aug. 7, according to data from energy services firm Baker Hughes Co.