In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Niobrara Well In Powder River Basin Produces 1.423 Mbbl Of Oil, 1.073 MMcf Of Gas Per Day
- Fort Berthold Indian Reservation Discovery by Marathon Oil Corp.: 8.448 Mbbl of oil, 7.083 MMcf Of Gas Per Day
- Sidetrack In Gabon’s Dussafu Marin Block Hits 33-m Oil Column
- EOG Completes Two High-volume Bobcat Draw Wells In Lea County, N.M.
- New Field Discovery Announced In Tioga County, Pa.
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Leasing hot spots, improved drilling metrics and more reveal some silver lining in the cloud hanging over Midcontinent producers.
The deal would create the largest pure-play northern Midland Basin E&P with a 73,000-net-acre position and 12,000 boe/d of production that is expected to more than double through 2020.
Pin Oak Energy closed a transaction with a Shell affiliate to acquire roughly 43,000 acres prospective for Utica Shale development in northwestern Pennsylvania.