In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Niobrara Well In Powder River Basin Produces 1.423 Mbbl Of Oil, 1.073 MMcf Of Gas Per Day
- Fort Berthold Indian Reservation Discovery by Marathon Oil Corp.: 8.448 Mbbl of oil, 7.083 MMcf Of Gas Per Day
- Sidetrack In Gabon’s Dussafu Marin Block Hits 33-m Oil Column
- EOG Completes Two High-volume Bobcat Draw Wells In Lea County, N.M.
- New Field Discovery Announced In Tioga County, Pa.
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
U.S. oil output growth is expected to slow over the next five years, likely prompting oil majors to "gobble up" smaller shale oil producers, Mark Papa told Reuters.
Devon Energy had been actively shopping the Permian Basin assets, and others in the Rockies, the past several months.
Schlumberger, Halliburton and Baker Hughes reportedly kicked off the new year by putting units up for sale, as the three largest names in oilfield services adjust to falling demand.