In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Faghur Basin Discovery Hits 130-ft Net Oil Pay Zone
- Gas Condensate Discovery by Eni in Nile Delta Block 7 in Mediterranean Sea
- Utica Shale Well in Jefferson County, Ohio, Flows 38.403 MMcf/d.
- Austin Chalk Discovery Announced in Pointe Coupe Parish, La.
- Utica Shale Well Completed in Pennsylvania’s Westmoreland County
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
The oil and gas industry was not sunk, but 2020 did damage that will take time to assess before deeming it as salvageable or a wreck.
Several people involved in valuing the Exxon Permian Basin asset during an internal assessment in 2019 said employees were being forced to use unrealistic assumptions, according to a report from the Wall Street Journal.
Despite their rise across many sectors—including oil and gas—to simplify the connection between service providers and hiring firms, pre-qualifying company procedures have become too cumbersome, says CanQualify’s COO, Aaron Harker.