In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Turner Sand Discovery Initially Flows 1.667 Mbbl of Oil, 3.089 MMcf Of Gas Per Day
- Drilling Permits Granted For Four Ft. Payne Tests In White County, Ill.
- EOG Announces Results From Two Lea County, N.M, Bone Spring Discoveries
- Supplemental Exploration Plan Filed For Four New Tests At Buckskin Prospect
- Triple-lateral Horizontal Completion In Pearsall Field
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Larry Prado, Hart Energy.com
The deal would create the largest pure-play northern Midland Basin E&P with a 73,000-net-acre position and 12,000 boe/d of production that is expected to more than double through 2020.
Leasing hot spots, improved drilling metrics and more reveal some silver lining in the cloud hanging over Midcontinent producers.
Pin Oak Energy closed a transaction with a Shell affiliate to acquire roughly 43,000 acres prospective for Utica Shale development in northwestern Pennsylvania.