In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Turner Sand Discovery Initially Flows 1.667 Mbbl of Oil, 3.089 MMcf Of Gas Per Day
- Drilling Permits Granted For Four Ft. Payne Tests In White County, Ill.
- EOG Announces Results From Two Lea County, N.M, Bone Spring Discoveries
- Supplemental Exploration Plan Filed For Four New Tests At Buckskin Prospect
- Triple-lateral Horizontal Completion In Pearsall Field
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Larry Prado, Hart Energy.com
Crude production in the U.S. rose 79,000 barrels per day in October to 11.537 million barrels per day, the EIA said in a monthly report.
U.S. oil production growth combined with a slowing global economy will put oil prices under downward pressure in 2019, challenging OPEC’s resolve to support the market with output cuts, the International Energy Agency said on Jan. 18.
A Reuters survey suggests Saudi Arabia and some of its allies in OPEC acted unilaterally to bolster the market by limiting its oil output early as crude prices slid on the possibility of a new glut.