In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Oxy USA Wolfcamp Well: 3.529 Mbbl Of Oil, 6.854 MMcf Of Gas Per Day
- Chesapeake Completes Two High-volume Haynesville Wells In DeSoto Parish, La.
- Black Oak Granted Drilling Permits For 117 Wells In Wyoming Portion Of Red Desert Basin
- Campbell Energy Announces Plans For 32-well Program In Posey County, Ind.
- Second Oil Discovery By Reabold Resources In Monterey County, Calif.
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Larry Prado, Hart Energy.com
The deal would create the largest pure-play northern Midland Basin E&P with a 73,000-net-acre position and 12,000 boe/d of production that is expected to more than double through 2020.
The March 20 lease sale in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico brought in $244.3 million in high bids.
Repsol will still hold a 51% stake in the block after the deal.