In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Oxy USA Wolfcamp Well: 3.529 Mbbl Of Oil, 6.854 MMcf Of Gas Per Day
- Chesapeake Completes Two High-volume Haynesville Wells In DeSoto Parish, La.
- Black Oak Granted Drilling Permits For 117 Wells In Wyoming Portion Of Red Desert Basin
- Campbell Energy Announces Plans For 32-well Program In Posey County, Ind.
- Second Oil Discovery By Reabold Resources In Monterey County, Calif.
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
Larry Prado, Hart Energy.com
The parties must now renegotiate a deal that would transfer Breitburn's Permian reserves to investors including Elliott and WL Ross through their participation in a $775 million rights offering.
Sustained lower oil prices may lead to Permian consolidation, the return of tough times to other shale plays and U.S. E&Ps helping rebalance global inventories.
Plains All American’s Cactus II pipeline became the first major energy project to be denied an exclusion to the tariff on imported steel.