In case you missed it, here’s a look at this week’s top five drilling activity highlights from around the world.
- Southwestern Energy Completes Two Marcellus Shale Wells in Page Lake Field
- Bakken, Three Forks Producers Completed at Dunn County, N.D., Pad
- Red Fork Sand Completion in Custer County, Okla., Produces 1.556 Mbbl of Oil, 2.68 MMcf/d.
- Beach Energy Under Way At Butlers Field Testing in South Australia
- Eddy County, N.M., Completion Flows 3.736 Mbbl of Oil, 8.153 MMcf/d.
For more up-to-date information on the latest U.S. and international exploration wells visit Hart Energy’s online Drilling Activity Highlights database.
The Anadarko Basin’s Simpson shale formation is being called “one of the biggest yet-to-be-developed shale plays in the United States.”
Recovering more for less is the ultimate goal for operators and service companies.
In June, oil output from shale is expected to drop in each of seven major shale regions, with the largest drop of about 87,000 bbl/d in the Permian Basin, the EIA says.