Editor's note: This article appears in the new E&P newsletter. Subscribe to the E&P newsletter here.
View more highlights at Hart Energy's Drilling Activity database.
A Hawkeye Field completion by Hess Corp. initially flowed 4,082 bbl of 40°API oil, with 7.107 MMcf of gas and 1,302 bbl of water per day from the Middle Bakken. Located in Section 34-152m-95w in McKenzie County, N.D., #152-LE-95-3427H-1 HA-Nelson A was drilled to 21,294 ft (10,698 ft true vertical), and production is from a perforated zone at 11,155 ft to 21,113 ft. It was tested on a 42/64-inch coke, and the flowing casing pressure was 2,044 psi.
Aker BP completed wildcat well #6607/12-4 and appraisal well #6607/12-4 A in the Norwegian North Sea. The wells were drilled about 7 km northeast of the Alve Nord gas and oil discovery. The exploration target for #6607/12-4 was to prove petroleum in reservoir rocks from the Jurassic/Triassic Age (Garn; Ile; Tofte; Tilje and Are). The secondary exploration target was to prove petroleum in reservoir rocks from Early Cretaceous (Lange). The #6607/12-4 was drilled to 3,109 m. In the primary exploration target, the well hit a gas column of 80 m in Garn, Not and Ile, 45 m of which is in sandstone layers with poor reservoir quality. In the other formations from Jurassic/Triassic, the sandstone layers are aquiferous with moderate to poor reservoir quality. In the secondary exploration target, the well encountered oil in three reservoir zones in Lange. In the upper zone, oil was encountered in a 2-m sandstone layer with poor to moderate reservoir quality, in the middle zone in a 5-m sandstone layer with moderate to good reservoir quality and in the lower zone in a 3-m sandstone layer with poor to moderate reservoir quality. No oil/water contacts were encountered. The primary exploration target for well #6607/12-4 A was to delineate a potential discovery in Jurassic/Triassic reservoir rocks. Preliminary estimates of the size of the gas/oil discovery in the Jurassic/Triassic are 17.6 MMboe to 35 MMboe. The oil discovery proven in the Lower Cretaceous is between 35 MMboe and 953 MMboe. The #6607/12-4 was drilled to 4,124 m and was terminated in Are (Triassic), while #6607/12-4 A was terminated in Lange (Early Cretaceous). The wells are the first exploration wells in PL 127 C. Water depth at the site is 362 m. The wells have been permanently plugged and abandoned.
Beach Energy has announced a gas discovery in the Otway Basin at exploration well #1-Enterprise in license VIC/P42(V). The well was drilled from an onshore location about 3.5 km north of Port Campbell, Victoria, and was directionally drilled using extended-reach techniques with a 3.2-km step-out. It was drilled to 4,974 m and hit the primary reservoir target, Upper Waarre. The well encountered a 146-m gas column, including 115 m of net gas pay with no gas-water contact identified. The well will be cased and suspended as a future producer. Adelaide-based Beach is the operator with 60% interest, and O.G. Energy holds the remaining 40%.
The company's first utility-scale solar plus battery storage project of 460MWAC reaches commercial operation, making Ørsted the first developer to operate the full spectrum of new renewable technologies at utility scale in the U.S.
The agreement with Ørsted could include a large-scale wind energy, electrolysis and synthetic gas-via-methanation co-development in western Wyoming where Williams owns significant land area and natural gas infrastructure.
Repsol will buy 40% of the Chicago-based business, which is one of the largest privately-owned developers and operators of solar power plants in the United States.