HOUSTON (August 9, 2018) – The 2018 DUG Eagle Ford conference agenda is set to reflect development activity across the South Texas region. Over 2,000 professionals from leading oil and gas companies will gather in San Antonio September 19-21 to hear about progress across the Eagle Ford Shale – including the Austin Chalk, Olmos, Woodbine and Edwards plays. This year’s speaker line-up includes producers holding over 1 million net acres of leasehold across the Eagle Ford.
“DUG Eagle Ford’s speaker slate represents some of the Eagle Ford’s most active public and private producers,” said Steve Toon, conference host and Editor-in-Chief for Hart Energy’s Oil and Gas Investor. “This year’s conference agenda will include operational and technology-focused content through our new DUG Technology sessions.”
In the opening keynote, Magnolia Oil & Gas Corporation’s President & CEO Stephen Chazen will discuss how the company is capitalizing its recent $2.66-billion acquisition from EnerVest. This veteran operator has drawn attention to the Eagle Ford Austin Chalk with its 345,000 acres in the Giddings field.
Marathon Oil Corporation’s Vice President of Resource Plays (South) – Todd Abbott – will share Marathon’s progress generating free cash flow in an operator spotlight titled Outperforming the Type Curve. Abbott will present best practices in boosting EURs, reducing drilling and completion costs across its 320,000+ acres in the Eagle Ford.
The afternoon keynote turns the conference focus to improving production value through new efficiencies and improving returns. ConocoPhillips’ Chief Technology Officer Greg Leveille will present the company’s near-term plans to increase production across its 3,400 locations and 314,000 net acres by 2020.
Together, Magnolia, Marathon and ConocoPhillips’ presentations will cover over 1 million acres in the Eagle Ford. They will be joined by other speakers from prominent Eagle Ford producers and others, including:
- William E. Deupree, Founding Partner, President & CEO, Escondido Resources
- Russell Parker, President & CEO, EP Energy Corp.
- John Thaeler, CEO,Vitruvian Exploration
- Gleeson Van Riet, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, SilverBow Resources, Inc.
- Michael J. Wieland, President & CEO, Laredo Energy VI LP
- Sean Fitzerald, Partner, Boomtown Oil
- Daniel Herz, CEO, Osprey Energy Acquisition Corp.
- Eric McCrady, CEO, Sundance Energy Corp.
- Sean Strawbridge, CEO, Port of Corpus Christi Authority
- Peter Duncan, President & CEO, MicroSeismic
- Michael O’Neill, Founder & CEO, Preferred Sands
- Christina Pampena, Regional Marketing Manager, Europe and North America, The Dow Chemical Company
- Steve Rosenberg, Global Business Director – Drilling, Engineering, Global Alignment, Weatherford
- Tom Petrie, Chairman, Petrie Partners
- Rockie Seale, National Product Line Sales Leader, Completions & Wellbore Interventions, Baker Hughes, a GE Company
- John England, Partner, Oil & Gas, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Robert Urquhart, Director, Global Investment Banking - Energy, Scotiabank
- Subash Chandra, Managing Director, Guggenheim Partners
- Matthew Wilhoit, Vice President & Global Head, Unconventional Oil & Gas Business, Siemens
- Bill Chmela, Vice President, Business Development, Motive Drilling Technologies
- Stephen Beck, Senior Director, Upstream, Stratas Advisors
- Greg Haas, Director, Integrated Oil & Gas, Stratas Advisors
For more on DUG Eagle Ford, visit DUGEagleFord.com.